All Collections
Onboarding with Florence
My Documents (DBS, PVG)
What documents can I use for proof of address?
What documents can I use for proof of address?

What documents can I use for proof of address?

Emily MacMaster avatar
Written by Emily MacMaster
Updated over a week ago

When you register with Florence, you’ll need to give us a document to prove where you live. Your proof of address document helps us confirm your identity and where you live.

Proof of address documents issued in the past three months:

  • Utility bill (for example gas or electricity, satellite television, landline phone)

  • Bank or building society statements/account confirmation letter

  • Solicitor’s letter confirming a recent house purchase or land registry confirmation

Proof of address documents Issued in the past 12 months:

  • Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued for the last full year

  • Local authority council tax bill (typed version only) for the current council tax year

  • Council or housing association rent card or tenancy agreement for the current year

  • A P45 or P60

  • HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year

  • Electoral Register entry

  • NHS medical card or letter of registration confirmation from your GP practice

Important: the UK financial year runs from 6 April to the following 5 April. Please check the documents you send to make sure they’re dated for the current tax or financial year.

You can’t use these documents to prove your address:

  • Payslips

  • Letters from hospitals

  • Mobile phone bills

  • Provisional driving licence

  • Credit card statements

If you have questions about proof of address documents or you can’t provide us with a suitable document, click here to chat with us.

Did this answer your question?